Living in an Independent Living Community in Bridgewater, NJ
If you’re considering a move to senior living, you probably have a checklist of features you’re looking for, such as an amenity-rich lifestyle, a vibrant location where there’s plenty to do, and proximity to a major metropolitan hub. If these are your criteria, an independent living community in Bridgewater, New Jersey, checks all the boxes. Here’s why:
All the Benefits of Independent Living
Active seniors don’t choose senior living because they’re ready to slow down. They choose it because independent living in a retirement community offers a host of perks that give them more opportunities to do the things they love. Here are just a few of many benefits of independent living that seniors enjoy:
- A maintenance-free lifestyle. Housekeeping, lawn care, and home upkeep are taken care of for you, removing the chores and responsibilities of homeownership from your to-do list.
- Social opportunities. Social circles often shrink as people get older, but senior living communities are abuzz with activities and events — and other people — so it’s easy to make new friends and cultivate a sense of connection.
- Wellness activities. Many senior living communities take a multidimensional approach to wellness, offering amenities and services that support mind, body and spirit, such as an on-campus fitness center, walking paths, lifelong learning programs, art classes, and group travel opportunities.
- Multiple dining venues. You can cook for yourself or let someone else do the work for you, enjoying chef-prepared meals from a range of venues that include formal dining, casual fare and grab-and-go treats.
- A plan for life. Senior living communities that are also Life Plan Communities offer an added benefit — a continuum of care on the same campus. That means that if your health needs change, you have access to the long-term care you need — typically assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing and senior rehabilitation — without a disruptive move to a new community.
The Appeal of Bridgewater, NJ
Located approximately 32 miles from Manhattan, Bridgewater Township is both a bedroom suburb of New York City and a vibrant town in its own right. With an abundance of opportunities to shop, explore, learn and play, the town becomes an extension of your senior living campus, brimming with possibilities that invite you to actively engage in your favorite pursuits.
Here are just a few of the reasons to choose an independent living community in Bridgewater, NJ:
- Minor league baseball. Take yourself out to a ball game. Bridgewater is home to the Somerset Patriots, the Double-A affiliate of the New York Yankees. Played at the award-winning TD Bank Ballpark, Patriots’ games offer lively entertainment and the chance to watch minor league players develop into major league talent.
- Community engagement. Community events create a sense of belonging and lend an air of festivity to the changing seasons. In Bridgewater, you can enjoy summer evenings watching movies outdoors on a giant screen at the Starlit Cinema. Ring in the holiday season with a Christmas tree lighting ceremony. And nourish your body with the fresh flavors of locally grown foods at the Bridgewater Farmers’ Market.
- Outdoor adventures. Kayak the Raritan River. Hike and bike along greenways and through local parks and preserves, such as Duke Farms and Duke Island Park. And join birdwatchers to witness the migration of thousands of hawks, falcons and eagles in Washington Valley Park, one of the premier hawk-watching locations on the East Coast.
- Historical landmarks. History buffs will enjoy touring significant sites from the American Revolution. At the Middlebrook Encampment, you can walk the same ground George Washington and continental soldiers traveled during the Revolution. Or attend lectures and programs at the Van Horne House, where General William Alexander set up headquarters in 1778-79.
- Shopping and dining. For a day of shopping, visit Bridgewater Commons, the local shopping mall that’s packed with three levels of specialty stores, quality department stores, restaurants and eateries.
The Best in Independent Living at Laurel Circle
If you’re interested in finding an independent living community in Bridgewater, NJ, you’ll want to learn more about Laurel Circle. At our Life Plan Community, you’ll discover all the perks of a senior living community — a maintenance-free lifestyle, social events, entertainment opportunities, wellness activities and chef-prepared dining — while enjoying the many attractions in Bridgewater. Contact us to learn more, or to schedule a visit.